Friday, September 19, 2014

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56, September 19, 2014


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56.
 Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.

The Beginning:

"Captain Marie Rioux stood by a railing overlooking the massive hold of the mining ship Seropian."

Page 56:

"They both knew that if someone went off-kilter, it was Jordan's job to restrain that person."

From Star Road a Science Fiction novel by Matthew Costello and Rick Hautala. I picked the book up yesterday at the library. I haven't started the book so the beginning and page 56 are new to me too.

When I read the blurb it sounded like Space Opera which I love. Here is what caught my attention:

A rebel and an outlaw lead an unsuspecting group of adventurers on a secret mission across the vastness of space, in Matthew Costello's Star Road


No comments: