Monday, March 2, 2015

Musing Mondays - March 2, 2015

MusingMondays5Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from Should Be Reading that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What is your favorite genre and why?

This one is easy to answer.  I love Science Fiction and it is my first choice in reading.  Why?  When I was around 10 or 11 I was at our small local library and saw a book with a rocket on the spine.  The title was Trouble on Titan.  I checked it out and loved it.  It featured teenage boys and the plan to go to the stars.  The only problem with the book was that all the characters were male so in my mind I rewrote it to include one teenage female character.  I was hooked and looked for Science Fiction from that day only.

Today I don't have to rewrite for female characters they are in most Science Fiction books and there are a lot of female writers.

No comments: