Friday, May 8, 2015

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 - May 8, 2015


I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.


The Beginning:

"Our Dragon doesn't eat the girls he takes, no matter what stories they tell outside our valley."

Page 56:

"I was mostly sorry for myself. It was hard to be alone and cold in my high tower room, locked away."

From Uprooted by Naomi Novik. While I loved the beginning I have mixed feeling about the rest of the book. I expected it to move at a really fast pace but it did not.  I found that I was little disappointed in how the story unfolded. I got this from Amazon Vine in return for an honest review.

No comments: