Thursday, July 9, 2015

Book Beginnings and The Friday 56 - July 10, 2015

I'm linking up with Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings and Freda's Voice for Page 56. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Pick the closest book on your book stack and join the fun.


The Beginning:

"Lunch had not gone well. There had been an unfortunate scene that had resulted in a lot of disapproving glares and rude remakes from other restaurant patrons."

Page 56:

"I can see that. Until the marriage laws get loosened up a little more, getting stuck in a bad CM is the equivalent of a jail sentence."

This is an older book by Jayne Castle (Jayne Ann Krentz). Silver Master is set on Harmony and is part of her futurist series. I was at my local libraries used book store today and picked it up. It came out in 2007 and I probably read it then but did not have a copy on my shelf. They are a fun re-read. It is a series she has kept up and I always pick up the new ones when they come out.

No comments: